Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 9 year old Pomeranian (18lbs) has had diarreah few

Customer Question

My 9 year old Pomeranian (18lbs) has had diarreah for a few days otherwise his normal self other than discomfort in his anal area. He has been on a home made diet of white rice, chicken, fresh veggies with occasional dry kibble for at least 5 years and appears much younger than he is. The other day I looked away for a moment as I was disposing of a waste bag and caught him licking some human vomit that was on the ground. other than that he had a new treat over the weekend made by Dingo, a chicken treat. At this point his stool is just liquid and gel like but he is strong and hasn't lost his appetite. Ready to go to his vet?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. I am sorry the expert you requested is not available. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.
1- Any vomiting?
2- Any blood in the stool?
3- How much does he weigh?
There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.