Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My dog , a mini Golddn doodle about 40 lbs. just ingested

Customer Question

Hi:
My dog , a mini Golddn doodle about 40 lbs. just ingested some of a Tide detergent pod. What should I do?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome, Just to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next fifteen minutes or so.We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }Regards,Dr Scott
Hello again and thanks for waiting.I have worked out an answer for you below ...1. This is not such a serious situation in terms of toxicity, you may see a mild transient bout of vomiting and / or diarrhoea but I would not expect worse than that. 2. Probably all you need to do is just to monitor her for present and if mild symptoms set in then withhold food { but not water } for the next eight hours or so and then give her a bland diet until she starts to recover. 3. Of course if more severe symptoms set in then you should have a vet check her over without delay but this would be unlikely. I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.Regards, ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Harper. How is everything going?