Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My dogs eye is a little red and when he wakes up he has a little

Customer Question

My dogs eye is a little red and when he wakes up he has a little gunck in the corner.
Submitted: 1 year ago via Vet.com.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

It may be that Montie has a minor eye infection or a conjunctivitis which is the tissues surrounding the eye. This can be due to irritants in the air or even a scrape on the eye. For now, purchase Artificial Tears at the pharmacy by Bausch and Lomb and apply a few drops every 4-6 hrs. This will flush out any irritants and may help resolve this. If there is an infection or scrape on the cornea, Montie will require treatment by your vet.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****
Hi Jennifer,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Montie. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta