Pet Doc
Pet Doc, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian - BVSc
9138059

Can my 15lb miniature schBauer take benedryl after taking

Customer Question

Can my 15lb miniature schBauer take benedryl after taking tameril?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Pet Doc replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
Thank you for your question regarding your 3 year old Mini Schnauzer. In answer to your question, although both drugs are antihistamines, as a one off dosage, yes Benadryl would be fine to give after a Temaril-P. The dose of Benadryl we use is 1mg per lb every 12 hours as needed. Just double check that it is Benadryl (diphenhydramine) that you have. I wouldn't recommend this as a long term approach, but for tonight - that will be absolutely fine.
Please let me know if you have any other questions. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!
Kind Regards,
Dr E
Bonuses & positive feedback are always welcomed and very much appreciated
If you have any further questions in the future, I would be more than happy to help you again! Just bookmark my profile and ask a question via the question box.