Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

What I can use to reed of the dog smell in the car

Customer Question

what I can use to reed of the dog smell in the car
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.
Hhello and thank you for using this site to help you today. I am a long time dog owner with many dogs that have traveled in the car, as well as having in house dogs.
If it is dog urine then something like Natures Miracle which is made specifically for dog urine will work. But if it is strictly doggie odor from a dirty dog or mush dog use over the years, I have found many of the expensive products such as Zero odor,or natures Miracle, do not have as good effect as the Wool-lite spray rug cleaner. I would spray it on my carpets and my furniture as well as keep a can in the trunk of the car for freshening up. I would just spray it and let it sink in. It leaves the area smelling clean, it does not smell floral or fruity which I felt was just covering up.
Depending on where you buy it, it can sell for 4- 8 dollars a can, but it is worth it. Since my move to a new state, I cannot find it in local stores here, so I have to order on line or wait until I return to my home state and stock up:)
You can use Wool- lite 'heavy carpet' or the one they make for pet odors.
IF you have any pet stains or regular stains then use Wool lite power shot. Use exactly as instructed.
woolite one step. at walmart is the cheapest I have found.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Woolite-Heavy-Traffic-Carpet-Cleaner-22-fl-oz/15026728
Natures Miracle if you want to try that can usually be found at pet smart and other big pet stores. I found that it worked better for outdoor odors around the property but at least you have options.
Here is a list of what they sell in Nature's Miracle
http://www.natures-miracle.com/products/pet-odor-stain-removers.aspx