Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

My dog has been sneezing weeks now. She is licking

Customer Question

My dog has been sneezing for two weeks now. She is licking everything floors pillows lots of licking
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 2 years ago.
HI this is DR J and I would be happy to try and help you with this. It is possible she could have a foreign object up her nose but that is not highly likely so let's treat her first as if we are dealing with a rhinitis caused by some irritant in her environment. If that does not clear her up after about 2 weeks then I would recommend that she see your vet. Or if she develops any other signs such as blood in her snot or discolored nasal discharge, or lack of appetite or swelling around her nose.
You can try Benedryl for her at 1 mg per pound twice daily. So if she is 15 pounds then she can have 15 mg Benedryl twice daily. They make a 25 mg tablet so you would probably have to give her 1/2 of the 25 mg tablet twice daily. You can try this for a couple of weeks to see if she clears up. If not then a trip to your vet is in order. Let me know if you have any questions at all as I check my computer twice daily everyday and will get back to you. Most Sincerely, DrJ
Expert:  Dr B replied 2 years ago.
Hi this is DR J and I will be offline for a little while but will check back tonight with you to see if you have any other questions. Please feel free to leave any questions you have here. Most sincerely, DRJ
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
HI this is Dr J and I am checking back in with you to see if you need further assistance. Just let me know if you do....Sincerely, DRJ