Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

Can I use Neosporin on my dogs paws,red and he keeps lickl

Customer Question

Can I use Neosporin on my dogs paws,red and he keeps licklng.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.
Yes, you can use Neosporin on the paws but applying thsi may cause Frankie to lick them even more. If this is due to an allergic reaction, give Frankie Benadryl at 1 mg per pound every 12 hrs and apply a cortisone ointment to his paws such as Cortaid that can be purchased at the pharmacy. This will relieve any irritation to stop the licking that will be making this worse.
If this is not enough, have your vet examine Frankie to eb sure there is nothing causing this distress.
Does that make sense to you?
Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****