Dr. Sandy
Dr. Sandy, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Canine practitioner for over 16 years, Served on board of directors to the AzVMA.
20956040

Lympnodes on dog neck

Customer Question

lympnodes on dog neck and half way up back legs swollen last 30 days treatment I here somegood oral treatment northwest area Tacoma
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Pet Doc replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
Thank you for your question regarding your 7 year old Rotty, Magnum who has swollen lymphnodes. I put an answer together for you, I am going to need a little more info about Magnum:
- When did you first noticed these enlarged lymph nodes?
- What treatment is Magnum currently on? Is your veterinarian aware of the lymphnode enlargement?
- What diagnostics tests (if any) has your veterinarian done on your boyo?
Once you get back to me, I will start typing up my response. Thanks for this and I look forward to hearing from you shortly.
Dr E
Expert:  Pet Doc replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
Thanks for your extra note (in a separate question). I have sent this on to our customer service team to ensure you aren't signed up for a subscription. The extra question you created will also be closed.
When you get a chance, please reply to the questions above.
I am happy to help.
Kind Regards,
Dr E
Expert:  Pet Doc replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
It sounds like you are having issues replying to these questions. Please try again when you can.
Thanks,
Dr E
Expert:  Dr. Sandy replied 1 year ago.
Enlarged Lymph nodes are serious. they can indicate a fulminant infection or possibly cancer.
Ask your vet to do a Lymph node aspirate and a CBC.
the first thing you need to do is rule out Lymphoma or another cancer in the lymph nodes.
Then, if that is negative, a fungal screen to check for fungal infection.