Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Do veteraniarians assist in disposing the dead animal after

Customer Question

Do veteraniarians assist in disposing the dead animal after euthanasia
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome, Just to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next fifteen minutes or so.We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }Regards,Dr Scott
Hello again and thanks for waiting.I have worked out an answer for you below ...1. I have never met a small animal { dog or cat } vet who did not offer some kind of service to cope with this aspect of pet care after euthanasia. This can vary from a group cremation where your dog will be cremated with a number of others, in which case you do not usually get any any ashes back, through to single cremations where you receive an urn with ashes or burials. 2. Your vet will be glad to talk this over with you before the euthanasia and will respect your wishes. Not an easy situation for you I know ... I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.Regards, ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.