Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My French Bulldog is only 7 months old and has the red blotchy

Customer Question

My French Bulldog is only 7 months old and has the red blotchy paws. The vet put him on antibiotics for staph and it's been a month, he isn't affected by his paws being this way and he does get small red spots which go away and come back. We live in Iowa and of course none of this happened during the winter. We are going to the vet today but she said she doesn't believe it's allergies and I'm wondering what if anything I should say to her today.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
Aloha! You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin
Make sure that Stanley's vet skin scrapes his paws. Bacterial pododermatitis (inflammation of the paw skin) is often found secondary to demodicosis (the mange mite Demodex) in a young Frenchie.
Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.