Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My dog ate an entire loaf of irish soda bread. i gave him 7

Customer Question

my dog ate an entire loaf of irish soda bread. i gave him 7 teaspoons of peroxide. help
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.
1- Did the bread have raisins?
2- How much does your dog weigh?
3- How long has it been since he ate the bread?
There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes raisins
Simon weighs 75 lbs
45 minutes since ingesting bread and Hydrogen Peroxide
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Friend, repeat the peroxide. This time give him 1 tablespoon and allow him to walk for a minute or so; move his belly to mix stomach content with peroxide. Please let me know if he vomits. I will be on stand bye for the next***** Peter
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no vomiting yet
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Friend, if he is not vomiting with the second dose of peroxide very likely he will not vomit with peroxide. Next step is taking him quickly to nearest veterinarian and they can induce vomiting with a medication called apomorphine. Need to move quickly before the bread (raisins) move out of the stomach into the intestinal tract.
Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!
Dr. Peter