Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

So got a 3.5 lb chiauah she is six and a rescue we have had

Customer Question

so got a 3.5 lb chihuahua she is six and a rescue we have had her just under three weeks had horrible smelling breath I checked her mouth out everything looked fine until this evening i noticed her right upper canine is very loose and discolored any suggestions. She does not seem to be in any pain or have discomfort of any kind is eating and drinking well. I am concerned about infection. Brushed her teeth a week ago to remove some tarter build up. Been feeding her some Breath treats to get rid of odour.

Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

Are you only seeing tarter on this one tooth?
Are her gums red and irritated along the border of the tooth?
Do her gums bleed when you brush her teeth?

Does she have any coughing or respiratory signs?

Does she burp, have gas, or loose stools with the diet she is on?

What are in the breath treats?