Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

I have a 14 year old yorkie...perfect health, but he has a

Customer Question

i have a 14 year old yorkie...perfect health, but he has a little black sack hanging and growing on his butte. it dont seem to hurt him but its growing...what could this be?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
I ams sorry to hear you are worried about Little Man. I am a veterinarian, and will do my best to help.
How long as the sack been there, and how big is it? Can you possibly post a picture?
This sounds like some type of growth, which could be benign or could be something more serious. The best way to find out what it is and if it is anything that needs to be removed, would be to do some kind of biopsy. I usually start with FNA, fine needle aspirate. That means putting a fine small sharp needle into the sack, getting cells from inside it, and examining the cells microscopically.
If it is growing, you might want to have it removed before it gets to big to remove.
Let me know what else I can answer and if you can post a picture.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its been on there for 4 weeks at least...its growing every week....i can touch it and it dont cause him no pain...
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the picture.
That is definitely a growth of some kind. If he were mine, and it is growing that quickly, I would have it removed as soon as you can. I hope it is benign, but if it gets too big, it will be difficult to remove. If it is cancer, the sooner it is removed the better.
Let me know what else I can answer or help with.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you rebecca....much appreciated
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome. Let me know what else I can answer, and what you decide and find out about his condition.
Kindly consider rating my answer (always appreciated!); you can still get back to me with updates and questions even if you rate me.
Hope this is removed soon, and is benign.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
Hi Harry,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Little Man. How is everything going?