Thank you very much for that information.
Organ damage can show up several days to a few weeks later. With this sort of exposure I recommend that they stay on acid reducers and gastro-protectants for at least 2-3 weeks.
I am concerned that he may have organ damage, or ulcers, that are now making him sick. I highly recommend a recheck with his veterinarian.
If you cannot get him seen quickly in the meantime I would start an acid reducer again to try and settle his stomach. You can try either:
1) Pepcid-ac (famotidine
) at a dose of one quarter of a 10mg tablet per 5 to 10 pounds of body weight every 12 hours.
2) Prilosec (omeprazole) at a dose of one quarter of a 10mg tablet per 5 to 10 pounds of body weight every 24 hours.
These will reduce stomach acid and should help him if this is related to simple nausea and gastrointestinal irritation from the meloxicam.
A couple hours after the acid reducer is given I would offer him small amounts of water or ice cubes frequently as he needs fluids after all that he has lost with vomiting. You can give him pedialyte to replace electrolytes too but Gatorade is much too high in sugar which can make his intestinal irritation worse.
If he has a tense painful abdomen, becomes very lethargic, continues vomiting or runs a fever greater than 103.5F then he really must be seen by a veterinarian as soon as possible, he cannot wait until tomorrow.
If his vomiting stops you can offer a bland diet of 1/3 boiled, lean hamburger (or boiled, white skinless chicken
), all fats and juices drained off, mixed with 2/3 boiled, plain white rice. Feed several small meals a day.
Then have him seen as soon as possible.