How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Michael Salkin Your Own Question
Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 24396
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. Michael Salkin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dog may have ingested a small amount of Terro Ant Trap.

Customer Question

My dog may have ingested a small amount of Terro Ant Trap. Should we be worried? I saw a similar post where there is pancake syrup and borax
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
Aloha! You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin
No, please don't be alarmed. There isn't enough insecticide in these traps to intoxicate a dog and borax is about as safe an insecticide as you might find in these traps. The housing is more of problem if ingested because small dogs might have a problem passing it through their GI tracts.
There's no reason to treat. Minor and transient GI distress might arise from ingesting such an unfamiliar "food" but toxicity isn't going to occur. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
Hi,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Michael Salkin