Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.
13146597

My 8month old male yorkie is very nervous. he will be nueterd

Customer Question

my 8month old male yorkie is very nervous. he will be nueterd soon will this help
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Whitehead replied 1 year ago.
Hello there. I am sorry to hear about jack and his nervousness. I am happy to help you this evening. Neutering will definitely help relieve some of the issues but not 100% of it. The best thing to do if you haven't already done it and if you can is to do a puppy class with him to get him exposed to more dogs and to some constructive activities that they will help you train him with. Also getting him out into positive situations visiting other people and other dogs such as petsmart or petco or a dog park. All positive exposures to other dogs and other people will help him relax and calm down. Try and take him to as many places with you as possible to expose him to as much as possible to get him used to everything. Just make them positive experiences. So neutering will help, then puppy classes are some of the best things to do for this type of behavior and then finally take him everywhere you can to expose him to as much as you can.
I hope this helps and I hope this makes sense. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time.