Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

I have a chihuahua mixed with pomeranian and he is 3 months

Customer Question

I have a chihuahua mixed with pomeranian and he is 3 months old, I've been noticing that is he losing hair and smells bad. I hope you can help me!
Thanks,
Jessica
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
Aloha! You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Can you upload a photo of Thomas to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (not if you're using the chrome browser) or you can use an external app such as imgur.com or dropbox.com. I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.
Loss of hair at so young of an age suggests demodicosis - the mange mite Demodex. An odor - often of smelly gym socks - is called a seborrheic odor and arises secondary to any chronic skin condition that is due to abnormal keratinization/maturation of the skin.