Dr. Barbara
Dr. Barbara, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years experience in veterinary medicine and surgery.
56364752

First let me thank you here and my Bella.

Customer Question

First let me thank you for being here for me and my Bella. She is a miniature Schnauzer that 2 years 5 months old. She has had 3 urinary tract infections and I am aware of when she starts having symptoms. Currently I noticed that she had redness and as I was checking her she had white wet cotton that I thought she might have gotten it from her white towels I use just for her. The clumps are no longer there but the redness and licking are still there. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Barbara replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm a licensed veterinarian and I'll be happy to help. Sorry to hear that Bella has had these repeated problems with UTIs.
You say that you think the white cottony clumps were from her towel. Does Bella sit down on these towels when she urinates? If so, then these may be the source of her repeated infections.
The redness and licking are from the inflammation of that area, either from another UTI or from the wet cotton material stuck to her.
Do you have any veterinary antibiotic and steroid ointments at home? Eye ointment, ear ointment and skin ointments would work.
Hi Frances,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Bella. How is everything going?

Dr. Barbara