Rosie_MRCVS
Rosie_MRCVS, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS, Qualified veterinarian of ten years in small animal practice in England
40862463

My dog just ate about 1/3 pound of raw bacon. Any concern?

Customer Question

Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rosie_MRCVS replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Rosie one of the vets and I'd like to try and help you and Samantha. I wouldn't be concerned about this amount of bacon, to be honest. As far as the raw side of things go, raw bacon (if you're a dog) really isn't going to do very much. She may very well be sick, if her stomach isn't used to it, and you are probably going to see about a day's worth of diarrhoea, but beyond that she should be ok. If the diarrhoea persists for longer then this may have kick started an episode of gut upset which would need treatment from your vets, but most of them will do just fine.
I hope I've helped - if you have any questions from this then just hit 'reply' and I will get them and get back to you. Otherwise please leave a positive rating. Thank you, ***** ***** luck, Rosie.
Hi Mike,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Samantha. How is everything going?

Rosie_MRCVS