Dr. Barbara
Dr. Barbara, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years experience in veterinary medicine and surgery.
56364752

I need a prescription to be called in to

Customer Question

i need a prescription for Metronidazole to be called in to a pharmacy for my dog. Who can do this
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need these prescriptions to be called in to a pharmacy:
Famotidine 10mg.
Cerenia 16mg tablet (4 pack)
Metronidazole 250mg Tablets
Expert:  Dr. Barbara replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm a licensed veterinarian and I can be of some assistance.
Unfortunately, without an actual hands on exam, we can't establish the legally required doctor/patient relationship necessary to prescribe medications. Famotidine, however, is an OTC medication. . .Pepcid, so this is available to you.
The veterinarian that diagnosed a problem in your dog may refill the Cerenia and the Metronidazole without another exam. Usually depends upon how long since they examined your dog and also if they medically decide that a refill of these would be beneficial for your dog.
I'm sorry that I can't help you directly. If you have further concerns or questions about this, please let me know.
Dr. Barbara