Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My older corgi does not want to eat, is very lethargic, shallow

Customer Question

my older corgi does not want to eat, is very lethargic, shallow heavy breathing, having hard time defacating. normally energetic has been this way for few weeks. blood tests show nothing wrong
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 years ago.
Aloha! You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Can you upload a copy of Shelly's test results to our conversation? I understand that you might not have a copy of the results at home but her vet should be able to give you one which you could scan into your computer and give me the link or you can photograph the page(s) and upload the images by using the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (not if you're using the chrome browser) or by using an external app such as imgur.com or dropbox.com.
When a dog is so profoundly symptomatic yet has normal blood tests, areas such as the gastrointestinal tract, spleen, and chest cavity which are poorly represented by those blood tests need to be investigated by imaging - X-rays and/or ultrasound. Shelly's symptoms are important but not pathognomonic (specifically indicative) of any one disorder; hence, the need for additional diagnostics. Please respond with the additional information and further questions or concerns if you wish.