Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My puppy got parvo i have been giving hin cerenia and penicillin

Customer Question

my puppy got parvo i have been giving hin cerenia and penicillin and also metronidazole but he keep throwing up brown liquid wha can i do i dont have any more money to take him back to the vet but i really want to save my baby
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Michelle-mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Michelle and I'm a moderator for this topic.
We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the Experts?
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.
Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.
Thank you,
Michelle~Moderator
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.
I am so sorry to hear about your guy....with this, the important thing is supportive care during this period so that he can overcome this. You can also give Pepcid AC at 0.5 mg per pound of his weight every 8 hrs ot help control the vomitng. Provide Pedialyte and give him 2-3 tablespoons every 4 hrs to keep him hydrated. Give him Nutrical , 1 dose every 4 hrs which is available at the pet store and will give him the nutrients that he needs to get past this. This may not be successful if the disease has progressed too far but it is worth a try to keep him going.
Does that make sense to you?
Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****