Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

7 yr old male neutered maltese acts fine..eats normally but

Customer Question

7 yr old male neutered maltese acts fine..eats normally but has a hard bloated belly? could it just be constipation? I dont know the last time he pooped so its just a guess. And if it is..what can I do to help him?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

How long has he been bloated like this?

Have you seen him straining to pass feces even if you haven't seen any?

Does he seem thin over the top of his back? Can you feel his spine more readily then before?

Has he been slowing down at all? Drinking or urinating more?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The lack of response resulted in me taking my dog to the er this morning at 6am. Blood work and xrays were done and all came back clean. While there he did poop so that issue was ok. They dr found that he has discomfort in his left hip. He has since been put on pain meds and we were told if it doesnt clear up in 5 days to bring him back in.