How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Whitehead Your Own Question
Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 4055
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.
13146597
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. Whitehead is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My grandson just gave my lab pup 11 months old a yogurt raisin.

Customer Question

my grandson just gave my lab pup 11 months old a yogurt raisin. How worried should I be
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Whitehead replied 1 year ago.
Hello there. I am happy to help you this evening. One raisin should not cause any toxic effects in your lab puppy. Although we are not 100% sure what makes raisins toxic and we are not sure exactly how many are toxic we do know that 1 raisin or grape does not result in toxicity. It requires a few raisins at least and even more concerning when a bunch are eaten. So that is the good news. But definitely make sure he does not give the puppy any more. So no concerns at this point and time. Just let the puppy eat and drink like normal.
I hope this helps and I hope this makes sense. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time.
Expert:  Dr. Whitehead replied 1 year ago.
Hi,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Whitehead