Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

I have a Chihuahua that is 58 days pregnant with our minpin

Customer Question

I have a Chihuahua that is 58 days pregnant with our minpin that was unplanned she is still seating but her tummy is rock hard she is laying on my chest whimpering could, she be In labor
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also in the last few days she has bigger and looks like the puppies have dropped
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry to hear you are worried about Neeya. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.
Can you take her temperature with a rectal thermometer? Usually when a dog is going into labor, the temperature drops well below normal, less than 100 or as low as 98. Normal temp is 101 to 102.
Usually when she is in labor, she would be panting, and her sides would be pushing. Is she still eating? Usually she will stop eating as she goes into labor.
The best way to tell if she is about to have her puppies would be to have her examined by her veterinarian. It might be a good idea to take an Xray, to see how many puppies there are, and how big they are.
Let me know how she is doing and what else I can help with.