DrMelJ
DrMelJ, Veterinarian
Experience:  graduate of the University of MN College of Vet Med
24095035

My dog is prone to ear infections she is out of state until

Customer Question

My dog is prone to ear infections she is out of state until tomorrow and is rolling around on the floor scratching her ear and seems dizzy when walking if she holds still what is something that can be done to help her until they get home tomorrow to see her vet?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  DrMelJ replied 1 year ago.
Hi there. Thanks for the question. I'm sorry to hear your dog isn't feeling well. Here's what I would recommend. Clean the affected ear with cotton balls soaked in hydrogen peroxide. Be gentle. If you gave any ear ointment left over from previous ear infections, apply some to the ear. Give some pain medication. If you gave dog needs like rimadyl or previcox or metacam, give a dose of one of those. If not, you can give human buffered aspirin. A 20-50 lb dog would get 1 baby aspirin, 81 mg. a 50-65 lb dog can have 1.5 baby aspirins.
Expert:  DrMelJ replied 1 year ago.
I hope this helps. Best if luck.
Expert:  DrMelJ replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I meant "if you have dog meds...." Darn autocorrect
Expert:  DrMelJ replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jennifer,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

DrMelJ