Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

There, My puppy is 8lbs and 10 weeks old. When the cleaner

Customer Question

Hi there,
My puppy is 8lbs and 10 weeks old. When the cleaner was cleaning the house, he chewed off Doxylamine Succinate wrapper, n managed to eat 1/3 of 25mg dose, before he could have more the cleaner took it out of his mouth.
Is he going to be ok?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. I am sorry the expert you requested is not available. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.
1- How long has it been since he took the doxylamine?
There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's been 30 mins
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Anna, upon calculating the toxic dose potential this should not be toxic for your puppy. He may experience some sedation otherwise he should be ok. I would observe him for the next 12 hours, if he becomes sedated to the point that he is not able to walk I would have him checked by ER veterinarian for supportive care. If no symptoms after 12 hours expect no symptoms.
Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!
Dr. Peter