Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I sent a query a while ago - wan't sure how long to stay on

Customer Question

I sent a query a while ago - wan't sure how long to stay on line !!! Did you get it - about Sam ???
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
I don't see any other question in this account? What is wrong with Sam?
I am a veterinarian, and will do my best to help. Why is Sam on these medications?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Rebecca - sorry for the delay. Sam is a rescue dog, now aged about 4. I got him about 2 years ago. We have since moved twice and are now in our brand new home - no other dogs have ever lived here. Sam's friend Snoopy comes to stay for the day 3 times a week and Sam goes to Snoopy's 2 x week. However, Sam is now extremely anxious at Snoopy's - scratches at the gate, drools like mad and according to Snoopy's owner was making his way home when he escaped one day. About a month ago he was attacked by a bigger, older female dog 2 doors down whom he has met before. No warning and he wasn't too badly hurt. The anxiety has increased since then and his ENDEP 10 was increased to 2 x daily. He is perfectly happy in his own home and greets Snoopy with great enthusiasm een though Snoopy snaps at him when he arrives. They settle down and sleep happily together and even play together. I have to go away in a few weeks' time just for a few nights and now feel I can't let him go to Snoopy's then or even for his twice weekly visits. It's just too upsetting for him and me !! It's been suggested to me that I'll have to get a dog-sitter and that he is now much more nervous since the attack. Hope you can help. I'm keeping him on ENDEP 10 2 x daily. He's fine when I leave him - with a kong to play with - but I'm going to have to leave him home for 6 hours now 2 x week.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry but I am on my way out of town. I won't be able to get back to you until later today or possibly tomorrow.
If you want to wait, I will try to be of help. If you prefer, I can opt out and open your question to other experts. Let me know which you prefer.