brisadog
brisadog,
Experience:  dasdasd
25524280

My name is***** and my husband Gordon and I own three d

Customer Question

Hello, my name is***** and my husband Gordon and I own three delightful dogs, two rescues and one gifted to us by a friend. One of our dogs is a Chinese Crested Powder Puff, who is causing us a great deal of concern due to her strange behaviour such as air licking when it's feed time, she is currently not eating and I have resorted to syringe feeding her. She had been attempting to eat those little dog treats, you know the little chicken and kangaroo ones made by Nature's Gift and I didn't mind that because at least she was eating, although more ended up being eaten by one of our other dogs, who would clean up the strewn mess that Aimee left all over the place. Aimee is now 16 months old, only weighs 1.7 Kg and is just at the end of her first heat. Several months ago she had 22 teeth removed because she was growing two sets, so we hoped that after they were removed, she wouldn't have any more trouble but not so, now she is air licking all the time and I am so worried about our little darling, I want her to be able to enjoy her food. Incidentally, she also refuses to eat any fresh meat or bones and her teeth are dirty and her mouth smells, which I am aware can and will lead to further problems, I am desperate for help and desperately short of money, please help make Aimee a well little dog.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  brisadog replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I can help you with your question today.
We can see air licking for a variety of reasons, including seizures, GI disease and dental disease.
When she licks, are you able to distract her, at least temporarily?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, she does it at any time of the day, not only feed time and sorry but I simply cannot afford this service, I have already wasted my money it seems, so never mind if you don't have an answer that will be positive help.
Expert:  brisadog replied 1 year ago.
It seems we aren't communicating well. I will opt out. Do not reply to me or the other experts will not see your question.