DrMelJ
DrMelJ, Veterinarian
Experience:  graduate of the University of MN College of Vet Med
24095035

I have a 21 day old puppy whose eyes have not opened yet.

Customer Question

I have a 21 day old puppy whose eyes have not opened yet. What should I do. She had an infection in them and one is open but blurry and it waters, the other is like it is glued stuck.

My wait has been a  lot longer than estimated.

Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  DrMelJ replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry you had a wait awhile for a response. Let me see if I can help. You might want to try holding a warm compress over the eyes for awhile. Check it against your skin to make sure it's not too hot. If you have any triple antibiotic eye ointment, you can also apply that to the eyes. If you do not have any, you may need to take the puppy in to see a vet to get some. Do let an infected eye go on for too long without treatment or it could cause significant damage. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions.