DrMelJ
DrMelJ, Veterinarian
Experience:  graduate of the University of MN College of Vet Med
24095035

I have a 13 Week old Fawn Doberman Pinscher puppy. As normal

Customer Question

I have a 13 Week old Fawn Doberman Pinscher puppy. As normal at 1 am he started crying to relieve himself. Took him out he relieved himself Urine and feeces. Came back in and vomited yellowish green,NO FOOD. Went to his crate and fell asleep .@ 4 am he woke us up vomiting again yellow and green liquid NO Food. He vomited 4 or 5 small yellowish green pools and went back to bed. This morning instead of running around relieving himself he is off, no food ,no water, not running around.Just not himself a happy little puppy. Can any help?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  DrMelJ replied 1 year ago.
Hi there. Thanks for the question. Im sorry to hear your puppy isn't feeling well. It sounds like your puppy might have gastritis...either severe inflammation or infection. He may also have a fever. You can check his temp using a human digital thermometer. Wet or lube it using Vaseline and inert gently into the rectum. If his temp is greater than 102 F then it is a fever And he needs to get to a vet asap. If no fever, try giving 5mg of Pepcid AC and feed a small amount of very wetted down soupy food. If he continues to vomit or will not eat or drink, then you need to get the puppy in to see a vet. Such a young puppy can get dehydrated and fatally sick very quickly. Best of luck. I hope this helps.
Expert:  DrMelJ replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Expert:  DrMelJ replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Zues. How is everything going?

DrMelJ