Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My 6 years old female Boxer has Pancreatitis, I am having

Customer Question

My 6 years old female Boxer has
Pancreatitis, I am having a taugh
time finding her treats, please tell me what I should look for or avoid when searching for treats.
Thank you 🙏🏻🐾
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! I am Dr. Altman, a licensed veterinarian and happy to answer your questions today.
So sorry to hear your Boxer has had pancreatitis but glad to hear you are being proactive about preventing a relapse.
Below is a great article that describes what to look for in a treat and options that are available. In essence the lower fat (<8%) the better for minimizing relapse. You have to scan down to the lower part of the article to find information on treats:
http://www.whole-dog-journal.com/issues/11_12/features/Healthy-Low-Fat-Dog-Foods_16088-1.html
One thing I prefer is the freeze dried meat treats. Not jerky but freeze dried treats as these as an example below:
http://www.instinctpetfood.com/dogs
I hope this information helps but please let me know how else I can assist you both today!
If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!
If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both!
If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept so I may be compensated for my time. Thank you!