Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 14yr old, 84lb, lab/huskies just tried to stand and her

Customer Question

My 14yr old, 84lb, lab/huskies just tried to stand and her back leg went out on her. I think it broke as trying to lift her leg has her whining.
Do I have options????
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.
1- Is she dragging both of her back legs?
2- Any pre existing medical conditions?
3- Any other symptoms?
There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She can not stand. We feel a break in her femur.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No preexisting other than normal for older dog.
She's agitated but immobile... Wants to get up but can't.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Are you feeling a broken femur in both legs?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No. Right leg only. She's laying on her left side. And she will not let us touch her right leg at all in the area. We were able to for the first minute or so after she fell, but she won't let us get near it any longer.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Friend, I am going to opt out and allow another expert to comment. I don't think I could give you any advice other then to take her to the nearest ER veterinarian. I am sorry. Please do not respond to this so the question does not come back to me and remains open for other experts to see.
Dr. Peter
Expert:  Dr. Emily replied 2 years ago.
Hello! My name is***** I am here to answer your questions today to the best of my ability. Answers given are for informational purposes only.
I wanted to check in and see how your dog was doing. Were you able to see a vet about this issue?