DrMelJ
DrMelJ, Veterinarian
Experience:  graduate of the University of MN College of Vet Med
24095035

I have the same question as another person on this site. Was

Customer Question

I have the same question as another person on this site. Was just reading the post. Up until now perfectly happy and healthy 7lb Yorkie got bit and shaken by a pitbull last night. She's clearly suffered psychologically and physically.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  DrMelJ replied 1 year ago.
Hi there. Thanks for the question. Let me see if I can help.mim so sorry to hear about your Yorkies injuries.
It is very important that she see a vet if she has not already. Besides the external wounds that may be visible, a shaking like that could have caused severe internal or head injuries. These would cause her to be lethargic and weak and maybe even vomiting or dry heaving or having seizures. A tear to the spleen or liver could lead to severe internal bleeding that might be fatal.
You need to ensure her physical health and then can work with her psychological Heath afterwards.
I hope this helps.. Let me know if you have further questions.
Expert:  DrMelJ replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

DrMelJ