Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 9month old puppy just finished with her spay surgery and

Customer Question

my 9month old puppy just finished with her spay surgery and Colonscopy with biopsies of her colon and stomach. At first she was ok coming out of surgery and then they told me her blood pressure dropped after they took her off of IV. Is this normal or do I need to be concerned about internal bleeding?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. I'm Dr. Bruce and I've been a small animal veterinarian for over 15 years. Thank you for your question. It sounds like Bella has been through a lot for such a young one. How long ago was her procedure done specifically? Is she still at the clinic? Has she been discharged to go home with you? How is she doing at this time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this a joke? This is the same response from yesterday. I will be calling for my money back. Yes I know she's been through a lot, thanks for stating the obvious and not answering my question.
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry that there has been some confusion. I was trying to get some more history about her situation to better help out. It is very, very common to be doing a spay procedure on a 9 month old dog, but it is not common by any means to be doing a colonoscopy with biopsies of the colon and stomach on one her age. Could the underlying issue as to why this was done be a part of the blood pressure lowering? I was trying to find out what her previous problems have been. I would be glad to continue to help if you want. I hope she's doing well at this time.