helperDVM
helperDVM, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a small animal and exotics veterinarian.
76789122

My oscar has hole in head and I need info to treat as there are so many different options

Customer Question

My oscar has hole in head and I need info to treat as there are so many different options on internet...also had fin and tail rot but treated with Melafix and pimafix...that seems better. Appetite back but worried about hole in head
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would love an answer by someone who knows about fish
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am heading to pet store to get information. I guess if I need your help I will add another response. I haven't received one yet so please don't charge me. Thank you
Expert:  helperDVM replied 1 year ago.
Take a sample of the water with you to the pet store! It may mean that you do not have enough sodium (even in a freshwater tank) to stave off the bacterial/fungal over growth! Adding tetracycline to you water will also help.