Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

In January my 6 yr old Chihuahua got bronchitis pneumonia &

Customer Question

In January my 6 yr old Chihuahua got bronchitis pneumonia & ear infection. got over that but has since developed breathing problems. His breathing is very rapid as if he's been running in a marathon. My original vet can't figure out what it is. On May 4 I have since taken him to another vet for a second opion & can't really find anything. They have started him on oxygen bariatric treatments twice a week & I also give him oxygen at home. when I got to the second vet his tounge had started turning purple. Please help me cause I don't want to loose my baby. Thanks Myrtis Ricks
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rosie_MRCVS replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Rosie one of the vets and I'd like to try and help you. I have a couple of questions, if that's ok.
- what tests have your vet(s) run?
- is he wanting to eat and drink?
- any pattern to the rapid breathing?
- any noises when he is breathing? Snorting etc?
- how is he in himself?
You can get back to me by hitting 'reply'. Thank you - the extra information will really help. Rosie.