Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

I have a small Yorkshire terrier his bottom is swelled

Customer Question

Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. However before I can start I need a little more information to make things clearer for me so could you please answer the following :1. how big is the swelling? Just a little lump close to the anus or a larger swelling involving his whole hind end? You can then expect a written reply sometime within the next fifteen minutes or so.We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype if this is more convenient for you. Please get back to me if this is more suitable for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }Regards,Dr Scott
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is The whole back end
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is the whole back end
Hello again and thanks for waiting.I have worked out an answer for you below ...1. There is some degree of chance that what Boo is suffering from is a condition called a Perineal Hernia, if this is the diagnosis then while often not a dangerous condition it should be corrected but this will always mean surgery. 2. As there is nothing you can hope to do for Boo on a home remedy basis your best way forward is to have a vet check him over. 3. Check out this page for a typical photo of the condition LINK 4. And this page for more information on the condition and it's correction : LINK I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.Regards, ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialog
Hello again,
I am just checking back in to see how Boo is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning his hind end swelling.
How are things going?
Regards,
Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.