Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My dog is drooling more than normal. Also, she is minding

Customer Question

My dog is drooling more than normal. Also, she is minding as well as normal. She has taken to running off down the street, and won't return when I call her. Our house is having work done. Lots of loud noises, etc. But she is doing this even when the workers arent here now.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is NOT minding as well meant to say. But the drool is definitely excessive for her. She is an Australian Shepard mini. She is 8 years old. It's warm to mild weather here. Fluctuating. But not hot
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got an email saying to ask the sender to send it in a different format??? Don't know if that's my answer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the email I got from u. I don't understand...This message cannot be displayed because of the way it is formatted. Ask the sender to send it again using a different format or email program. text/html
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.I am so sorry that your gal is having these issues. Excessive salivation is either due to gum disease, lesions in the mouth such as an epulis or nausea. This fear issue from the noise of construction is common in sensitive dogs and aussies are very sensitive. The first thing to do is to have your vet do a thorough physical exam especially of the oral cavity to find the cause for this excessive salivation....fear can cause this and this running away and the drooling may be related. Purchase a DAP Collar for your gal which is a canine pheromone that acts as a calming agent and will help decrease her fears of the construction. If this is not enough, your vet will have medications that will help your gal past this.Does that make sense to you?Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.Sincerely, ***** *****