Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Re: Siberian Husky - 11 Years OldFirst noticed a growth

Customer Question

Re: Siberian Husky - 11 Years Old
First noticed a growth on left side of rectum about three months back. My vet said to just watch it. Two weeks ago he was having trouble with his hind legs / difficulty getting up. Notice a bit of bloody discharge and cleaned with Hydrogen Peroxide and he seemed alright. 24 hours ago as we went for our usual walk I noticed he was dragging his hind feet - he went about 500 feet and sat down - we had to return home. He laid down and has not gotten up - resists all efforts to get him on his feet. Respiration is normal and he is taking water, but has not eaten since his last food 24 hours ago. Is passing urine and bowels seem normal. The (I guess a Tumor) is about 2 1/2 inches across and has a rise of perhaps 3/4 inch - pinkish in color. It is located at about the eight o'clock position on left side of the rectum. What are the realties of what to do and expect?? As I write I am waiting for assistance to get him into the vet. Your help is needed and appreciated. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Emily replied 1 year ago.
Hello, are you available?
Expert:  Dr. Emily replied 1 year ago.
The doctor this question was originally for was not available. It is now open to other vets so I wanted to see if you had left to go to the vet or if you are still there. I am Dr. Emily