Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

We have 3 ten day old puppies. Two have more than their

Customer Question

We have 3 ten day old puppies. Two have more than doubled their weight & are 15 oz each. They are miniature schnauzers. The third is 10.7 oz and we bottle feed him often also. His breath has a chemical smell unlike the other two who have puppy breath. Why?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 1 year ago.
Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 15 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.This does certainly sound concerning for the little one. With the breath difference you may have sensitive enough smell that you are detecting a problem that many people cannot. This could potentially reflect he has an organ issue, kidney in particular. However, that being said if he is otherwise thriving (even if not as big as the others) and eating well with normal urinations/defecations and activity level then he may be absolutely normal. If he is not having that and is less active, then I must recommend take him in to be seen by your veterinarian for a quick exam.