How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. John Your Own Question
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 5222
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dog is about 22 lbs and ate half a grape, will she be o

Customer Question

My dog is about 22 lbs and ate half a grape, will she be ok?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Scarlett replied 2 years ago.
Hi,Probably your dog will be just fine. The problem with grapes is that we don't know which dogs are susceptible (not all dogs have any reaction) or how much is a toxic dose. But that toxic dose is more than 1/2 grape in 22 pounds.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Great, so there is no action needed on my side? Is that correct?
Expert:  Dr. Scarlett replied 2 years ago.
I don't think you need to make Riley vomit. Just make sure she doesn't get any more grapes or raisins!
Expert:  Dr. Scarlett replied 2 years ago.
Do you have any other questions for me today?