Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My sister's dog is old-10/15. She's a chow/lab mix. she's

Customer Question

my sister's dog is old-10/15. She's a chow/lab mix. she's had seizures recently. Wakes up writhing in pain, dragging her back legs. Now her tummy is warm a her back legs won't work. she hasn't taken food or drink. sleeps after each episode.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 10 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. I am going to ask questions to gather more information. As I am helping several people at the same time, there may be a slight delay in my responses to you, but I am still here! When these seizures occur and then the back legs do not work, how long does it take, usually, for the legs to work again? How long has it been this time? How often are these episodes occurring, and is the dog on any medications?