Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I just got a 9month old dog 3 days ago from this couple online

Customer Question

i just got a 9month old dog 3 days ago from this couple online who said they were moving, they rescued him from some puppy mill, and he is a husky/wolf or husky/coyote mix. But he may have way more wolf or coyote in him than i was told. i also feel like they may have been his abusers, because i had no clue that he was abused till we got there to pick him up. and he was very skittish and defensive even around the lady who said he was attached to her. plus when i first contacted them, they never even asked like stuff about me that would ensure that he wouldve been safe. any im getting off track. so that night i put out some "beneful" dog food. he turned his nose up to it. so i gave him bologna, so he could kinda warm up to me and atleast eat something. like 5-6 slices. the next day i got him some more food. he didnt like. in 3 days hes tried 3 dry foods and 2 cans. and didnt eat more than i lick off of each. he has had diharrea since i got him, and today it looks worse. no worms in it, but its just runnier. is there anything i can give him to help this ? he is going to a vet tomorrow for rabies vaccine. should i just handle it there. ? or can i fix him?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rosie_MRCVS replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Rosie one of the vets and I'd like to try and help you. I'm sorry that your new dog isn't feeling so well, but it definitely sounds like he's landed on his feet with you! I have a couple of questions, if that's ok.- any blood in the diarrhoea?- any vomiting?- is he trying to eat and not managing it, or just not showing any interest?- how is he in himself?- do you know if he's had any vaccines at all?- is he drinking?- how often is he having the diarrhoea? Can he control it?Thank you - the extra information will help a lot. Rosie.