Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

Why does my house trained male corgi urinate in the house (marking

Customer Question

why does my house trained male corgi urinate in the house (marking territory) in the same place when we leave on weekends but not during the week.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. I believe that Cisco is acting out because you may be gone longer or he is not happy or does not have enough time out. The best thing to do first is to urchase a DAP Collar at the pet store. This is a canine pheromone that acts as a calming agent and will decrease Sisco's anxiety over being left. Also, place a piece of aluminum foil in the area after cleaning with Natiures Miracle to remove the odor. If this is not enough, your vet will have stronger medications that can get Sisco past this. It may also help to place Sisco in a crate while you are gone. If it is small enough, he will not soil in his area. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****