Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  I have been a practicing veterinarian for over 30 years.
60411192

My dog ate the inside of my babies dirty diaper. What do I

Customer Question

My dog ate the inside of my babies dirty diaper. What do I do?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Dr. Deb. I recently came online and see that your question about hasn't been answered. I'm so sorry that you've had to wait for a response, but if you still need assistance, I'd like to help if I can. I realize that some time has passed since you posted your question but I wanted to respond to alert you to possible consequences of your dogs' ingestion of this material.If he only ate the contents of the diaper, then he may develop diarrhea in 12-24 hours or he may be perfectly fine; there's just no way to tell. But, regardless, it's not a huge concern. If he ate the diaper itself, then depending on his size and the amount he ate, there may be several possibilities:1. He'll pass the diaper with no problems whatsoever (the most likely scenario since dogs ingest inappropriate objects all the time and suffer no ill effects from doing so). Just monitor his stools for evidence of it.2. He could become obstructed. Signs to monitor will be vomiting, lethargy, disinterest in food, and/or abdominal pain. These symptoms might be seen within a day or so or it might take a week before they develop (if at all). I hope this helps although, again, my profuse apologies for the delayed reply. Deb
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Pepper. How is everything going?

Dr. Deb