Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a little Chihuahua

Customer Question

I have a little Chihuahua that we are not sure is she had a stroke or that old dog disease that is from ear infection or meningitis. its been 72 hrs now and seems she is getting worse. vet had her on drip for 48 hrs then we brought her home once the temp went down but she seems like she is just hanging on with very little signs of life. Although when there is a loud noise like a sneeze she does twitch her ears and still tries to get up to get more comfortable but mostly seems like she is just sleeping. its 72 hrs now. is there something we can do ourselves to help her or give her nourishment at least as all we can give is water through a dropper and vet gave us drops for her eyes as it was very important to look after her eyes
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Pet Doc replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, Thank you for your question regarding your 6 year old Chihuahua girl girl Celine who has been very unwell. Do you currently have Celine at home with you at the moment? Is she responsive to you all all? What other symptoms does she currently have? It does sound as though she is currently very unwell and it may be best for her to remain in the veterinary hospital. I will wait to get further information from you. Kind Regards,Dr E
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the vet has been watching her and we take her up when he visits his practice. i think i am wasting my time as i feel i already know she wont make it. i guess i was just hoping someone would tell me there is still some hope

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks anyway

we just lost her....

Expert:  Pet Doc replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to hear about your loss of Celine. I will have this question closed for you. Thoughts,Dr E