Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 7 yr old yorkiepoo started sounding like coughing this

Customer Question

my 7 yr old yorkiepoo started sounding like coughing this afternoon and throws up small amount of bile. the bile is clear. she has been able to eat her meals. she quiets down for a while and then starts again.. we went to bed and she was quiet for a couple of hours and now she started about an hour ago and it is the worst she has been all day. does not seem to be able to stop. it seems like something is stuck in her throat. we have an appt with vet tomorrow afternoon at 3pm. someone said it could be an allergy.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help. Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me: Does she bring up any of her food?Can she keep water down? Is the cough quite harsh ? Does she have coughing fits and then retch/vomit? Any history of heart issues?