How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. John Your Own Question
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 5222
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dog ate chocolate. What should I do?

Customer Question

My dog ate chocolate. What should I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Kara replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** and I have over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian. I am sorry to hear that your pup ate chocolate. They do need to eat a certain amount to get sick.How much does your pup weigh?How much chocolate did she eat (1 ounce, 2 ounces?)?What kind of chocolate did she eat? Milk chocolate is less toxic than dark, and dark is less toxic than baking chocolate.
Expert:  Dr. Kara replied 2 years ago.
How long ago did she eat chocolate?How is she behaving now? Any vomiting or signs of nauseousness?