Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

8 week old puppy eating well and seems to be eating well but

Customer Question

8 week old puppy eating well and seems to be eating well but we've noticed that around his bottom area it looks a bit red and it seems to be bothering him because he's constantly trying to lick this area. We give him bones and chicken necks in his normal regulated diet but we are worried about hiis butt area and wanted to know should we be concerned
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help. Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me: Is the rectum red and inflamed? Or are the red lumps or sores near the rectum? Is he dragging or scooting his bottom on the floor? When did you last give him a bone?When did he last pass feces? Did it look normal? Did he pass it comfortably?
Normal
0
Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, I am happy to have a look (since it will let me see what you are seeing). To post them, you can either use the wee paper clip on the tool. Or you can post them on a 3rd party site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web address here